Sunday, January 29, 2012

*Holy Grail Series* Lip Balm

Hey beauty babes!

I am starting a new series called 'The Holy Grail Series'. Each week, I will pick a product that is my holy grail and talk a little about the product, what it does, where you can find it and why it is my favorite.

This week, I am going to start with what my holy grail lip balm is. During the winter season, my lips get ridiculously dry, chapped and they hurt really bad, so I am ALWAYS on the hunt for the perfect lip balm. Up until this past year, I have yet to find a lip balm that was my holy grail. I have tried EVERYTHING out there from Lip Smackers to Soft Lips to Burt's Bee Products and so, so much more! During my hunt, I did manage to find a couple balms that were good and helped a bit, but they weren't great enough to be considered my holy grail.

During a trip to CVS a few months back, I was searching for a new balm for my severely chapped lips and saw a product that caught my eye, it was the EOS (Evolution of Smooth) Lip Balms. The packaging was something I have never seen before. Usually lip balms come in a slender tube, but the EOS balm was in a bulky, egg-shaped container. I will admit, that was probably why it caught my eye and why I eventually ended up purchasing it.


From L to R - Honeysuckle Honeydew, Summer Fruit and Sweet Mint



At first, I only bought the Summer Fruit one (reddish-orange). When I got into the car, I opened up the package right away. I was really curious about it and wanted to get it on my lips quickly, so I could see if it would help heal my lips.

As soon as I tried it on, I knew I was going to like this product! I was so excited that this may just be 'the one' for me! ;-) The texture is so smooth and it only takes a little bit to coat your lips. When I got home, I ate dinner and when I finished the EOS Lip Balm was still on my lips!! I was really surprised! It actually stayed on my lips for about 4-5 hours before I had to reapply again. I also put some more on before I went to bed and it stayed on me until the next morning! I also started noticing that my lips were healing and feeling better with in 12 hours of use and completely healed within 36 hours. And the best part is, EOS Lip Balms are 95% organic, 100% natural and paraben and petrolatum free!!



Applying EOS in Summer Fruit


EOS Lip Balm can be purchased at your local drugstore, Walmart, Target and Ulta. Prices range between $2.99 to $3.99 (the cheapest I found was at Walmart for $2.99). They come in a variety of flavors, which include:

Over the past few months, I purchased a few more and sampled out a few different flavors. So far, my favorite is Summer Fruit! It smells kind of peachy with a mix of other fruits.


Eos Lip Balm in Summer Fruit


Overall, this product is AMAZING and if you struggle with dry, chapped lips I really think you should give this a try -- you will be very pleased with the outcome!


Stay forever beautiful!
Love and hugs!
Keri

4 comments:

  1. Love EoS! I only have the summer fruit, sweet mint and lemon, but the sweet mint is my favorite of the three. I am looking to get the honeysuckle, and the purple one that was out during Christmas! Not sure what flavor it was but I love purple! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm! Well I guess I have to try the sweet mint now, since you recommended it! Lol! Next time I go out I will try to grab it! I am trying to find the Strawberry one! I <3 strawberries and think itll be amazing!!

      Delete
  2. I love this lippes. i have them all beside the orange one i cant fine that sucker any wear :( love ur page :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are AMAZING! I havent really had chapped lips since Ive been using these and I always get chapped lips during the winter! The orange one (Summer Fruit) is my FAV! It has such a great scent! I want to try the strawberry one. I like the scent of the lemon but I find it is harder to apply than the others. Im wondering if it has anything to do with it having SPF in it!? But thanks again for checking out my blog and subbing! :)

      Delete